- Irkutsk Medical Academy
- Irkutsk Medical Institute
- Irkutsk State Medical Academy
- Irkutsk Medical University
Irkutsk State Medical University is a State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education. Irkutsk State Medical University was opened on August 26, 1919 as a medical department of Physics and Mathematics Faculty of Irkutsk State University. In 1920 medical department became separate Medical Faculty of the IrkutskStateUniversity. In the spring of 1930 the Medical Faculty of the Irkutsk State University became independent institution (Irkutsk State Medical Institute). In 1952 Irkutsk State Medical Institute opened the dental faculty, which was formed from the Irkutsk Dental Institute. In 1982 Irkutsk State Medical Institute opened the long-awaited pediatric faculty. In 1992, Irkutsk State Medical Institute has passed the state certification to assess the quality of training, conducted by the State Inspectorate. On May 1995 Irkutsk State Medical Institute received the university status. In last 50 years Irkutsk State Medical University has trained specialists for foreign countries. During this time Irkutsk State Medical University has produced significantly more than 500 doctors to 25 countries of the Middle East, Africa, Europe and Latin America. Irkutsk State Medical University conducts training in five specialties. Diploma /Degree of Irkutsk Medical University is entitled to medical activities in 35 countries. Today Irkutsk State Medical University conducts training in 63 departments by highly professional teaching staff, including 100 doctors and 364 candidates of sciences. Till now Irkutsk State Medical University has trained around 11000 students.