Saint Petersburg State University of Refrigeration and Food Technologies
Saint Petersburg State University of Refrigeration and Food Technology is a state educational institution of higher professional education in Saint Petersburg. Saint Petersburg State University of Refrigeration and Food Technology is the largest educational and scientific center in the North-West region of Russia. Saint Petersburg the State University of Refrigeration and Food Technology was established in 1931 as the Leningrad Institute of Mechanics and Technology of refrigeration plant. University is the best place to study food technologies and study humanity science in Russia.
Today Saint Petersburg State University of Refrigeration and Food Technology has 6 study faculties, 33 study departments, and a staff of 520 highly qualified teachers. Every year Saint Petersburg State University of Refrigeration and Food Technology enrolls more than 2,700 local and international students. Till now Saint Petersburg the State University of Refrigeration and Food Technology has trained over 24,000 professionals in food industries.
University provides studying of Bachelor’s programs, Master’s programs, and Postgraduate programs for Russian students and develop advanced Master’s programs with English medium of instruction. Students and teaching staff at University are involved in a variety of research activities and grant programs in Russian universities and universities abroad.
University is the best place to study in Russia for international students. All students can take part in international exchange programs and internships abroad. University provides full-time studying and part-time studying in undergraduate courses in Russia, postgraduate courses in Russia, and doctoral studies in Russia.
University provides studying processes at the following faculties:
- Faculty of Refrigerating, Cryogenic Engineering & Conditioning
- Faculty of Servicing Transport
- Faculty of Technological Machines and Equipment
- Faculty of Automation Processing (in the food industry)
- Faculty of Machines and Apparatus for Food Manufacture
- Faculty of Food Engineering for Small Businesses
- Faculty of Engineering and Physics of Low Temperatures
- Faculty of Food Biotechnology
- Faculty of Technology of Fermentation and Winemaking
- Faculty of Technology of Meat and Meat Products
- Faculty of Technology of Fish and Fishery Products
- Faculty of Economics and Management of Food Industry Enterprises
- Faculty of Environmental Protection and Resource Management
Accommodation and Housing
Students will be offered accommodation in one of the University`s student hostels in Saint Petersburg. Rooms are fully furnished (table, chairs, beds, shelf, wardrobe) and shared between 2-3 persons. Two rooms have a common shower and toilet. Rooms are shared with other students of the same gender, but in the same block, there can be students of the opposite gender as neighbors.
Dormitories have common kitchens and laundries, arranged common rooms, renovated and supplied by modern technologies study rooms. Students can visit reading rooms and libraries with a huge amount of information resources useful for studying. The hostel has a convenient location, so everybody can go to the main study building by foot or bus.