Bonch-Bruevich Saint Petersburg State University of Telecommunications
The Bonch-Bruevich Saint Petersburg State University of Telecommunications is known as a university in the area of communications and telecommunications. The Bonch-Bruevich University offers training programs and studying communication specialties and telecommunications courses, IT courses, computer science courses, economics courses, management courses, advertising, and public relations courses in Russia. University is the best place to get a higher degree in Russia and study telecommunications in Russia.
University provides a studying process for more than 8,000 students in undergraduate courses, postgraduate courses, and doctoral studies, including more than 6,000 studying in full-time courses, almost 1,500 students in Saint-Petersburg College of Telecommunications, and more than 3,000 students in Arkhangelsk and Smolensk branches. The university has a prominent academic staff consisting of 600 teachers who have scientific degrees and titles.
The campus is a scientific and educational complex with six laboratory buildings, an assembly hall, conference halls, dozens of study and scientific laboratories, computer classes, and specialized classrooms. The main aim of study activity at the University is to provide the creative and scientific potential of teachers, scientific staff, and students’ enthusiasm and aspiration for knowledge.
The University is a member of the Bologna process. It provides studying of Bachelor’s programs, Master’s programs, and Postgraduate programs for Russian students and develops advanced Master’s programs with English medium of instruction. Students and teaching staff at University are involved in a variety of research activities and grant programs in Russian universities and universities abroad.
University provides studying processes at the following faculties and departments:
Faculty of Radio Technologies of Communication
- Department of Radio Reception and Broadcasting
- Department of TV and Metrology
- Department of Radio Systems and Signal Processing
- Department of Designing and Production Radio Electronic Means
- Specialized Department of Digital TV and Radio Broadcasting
- Specialized Department of Electronic Elements in the Radio Electronic Facilities
Faculty of Info Communication Networks and Systems
- Department of Infocommunication Systems
- Department of Software Engineering and Computer Facilities
- Department of Communication Networks and Data Transmission
- Department of Photonics and Communication Lines
- Department of Secured Communications Systems
Faculty of Information Systems and Technologies
- Department of Information Managerial Systems
- Department of Protected Information Systems
- Department of Informatics and Computer Design
- Department of Automation Communications Enterprises
Faculty of Fundamental Training
- Department of Higher Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Electric Circuit Theory
- Department of Electronics and Circuitry
Faculty of Digital Economy, Management, and Business Informatics
- Department of Management and Modeling in Socio-economic Systems
- Department of Economics and Management in Communication
- Department of Business Informatics
Faculty of Humanities
- Department of Foreign and Russian Languages
- Department of Foreign languages for FH
- Department of History and Regional Studies
- Department of Social and Political Sciences
- Department of Physical Education
Accommodation and Housing
When necessary, foreign students are given places in dormitories for the period of study. The only requirement is to be in an intramural form of study. Places in the dormitories for students of the extramural form of study are given only for the examination period.
All dormitories are completed with all the necessary amenities. Room is shared between 2-3 students (depending on the dormitory). Each student has a bed (with bedding), table, chair, shelf, and dressing. The kitchen and washroom are shared between students who are living on the same floor. All modern amenities are available including pillows, blankets, bedsheets, beds, tables, chairs, etc. One common kitchen in every block of rooms is available for students to cook food on their own. Regular electricity and water supply are available for students.