Saratov Socio-Economic Institute
Saratov Socio-Economic Institute of Plekhanov Russian University of Economics is the legal successor of the Saratov State Socio-Economic University. University was established in 1946 and has become the best place to study economics in Russia, study management in Russia, study law in Russia, and finance in Russia.
Nowadays the Institute is focused on professional training, retraining processes, and further professional skills development in the field of economic sciences and management science. The Institute currently comprises 6 study faculties, and 18 study departments, as well as Master’s courses, Bachelor’s courses, and doctorate courses College of Economics and Finance, Training Center.
The Institute implements 3 study programs of secondary professional education, 77 higher education programs, 22 master’s degree programs, 12 training programs for academic staff, and more than 100 additional professional education programs. There is a possibility for continuing education in postgraduate study and scientific staff have the opportunity to obtain higher qualifications in doctoral studies. The Faculty of Additional professional education implements educational programs of retraining and professional development. The programs meet the highest international educational standards with their interdisciplinary approach.
University provides studying processes at the following faculties:
Faculty of International Business and Trade
- Economic Theory
- World Economy and Management of External Economic Activities
- Trade, Service, Hotel and Tourism Business
- Commodity Science and Examination of Goods
- Theory of Translation and Cross-cultural Communication
- Foreign Languages
Faculty of Economics and Management
- Personnel Management and Psychology
- Marketing, Economics of enterprises and organizations
- National Economy, Public Administration, and Municipal Management
- History, Philosophy, Politology, and Sociology
- Information Systems in Economics
- Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
Finance and Accounting Faculty
- Physical Education and Sport
- Banking, Money, and Credit
- Taxes and Taxation
- Accounting, Business Analysis, and Auditing
Faculty of Economic Security and Customs
- Legal Support of Economic Activities
- Theory and History of State and Law
- Justice and Law Protection Activities
- Economic Security
Accommodation and Housing check
International students are provided with an option of student accommodation. The foreign students’ hostel is located in the city center, close to the main building of the university. Gender-specific residences and hostels are available on the university campus. The university’s hostels are well-equipped with everything a student would want while residing there. The hotel’s rooms are clean, airy, and big, and the students have access to a bathroom.
Students have the option of dining at the hostel’s canteen or cooking for themselves in shared kitchens. The University’s hostels are properly equipped and have central heating, which is a welcome addition during the winter months. Separate toilets and kitchens are also accessible for students in the hostels. Other amenities include a Wi-Fi campus, sports complex, playground, transit, cafeterias, ATMs, and banks, as well as the central library and theater.