Shadrinsk State Pedagogical Institute
Shadrinsk State Pedagogical University (SHPPU) is a higher educational institution in the city of Shadrinsk, Kurgan Region, the oldest institution of higher education in the Trans-Urals. In 1939, a two-year teacher‘s institute was opened on the basis of the Shadrinsk school teacher‘s college. Three departments united 15 teachers. On March 16, 2016, by order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, the Shadrinsk State Pedagogical Institute has renamed the Shadrinsk State Pedagogical University.
Over the years of the existence of the university, the number of graduates who received a diploma amounted to almost 30 thousand people. There are 150 teachers working in 15 departments of the university, including 10 doctors and professors, and more than 102 candidates in sciences. Currently, more than 4,000 students are studying at the institute, 3,652 are full-time students and about 2,125 students are part-time students, 29 are full-time and 34 people are studying full-time and 34 people are in absentia, and 61 applicants. Students are trained in almost all pedagogical specialties that are found in schools and preschool institutions. The university occupies three educational buildings, which house classrooms, specialized classrooms and laboratories, 17 computer classes, 4 sports halls, a planetarium, an observatory, educational workshops, a ski base, and much more.
- Department of Programming and Automation of Business Processes
- Department of Physics, Mathematics, and Information Technology Education
- Department of Biology and Geography with Teaching Methods
- Department of Theoretical Foundations of Physical Education and Life Safety
- Department of sports disciplines and physical education
- Department of History and Law
- Department of Philology and Social and Humanitarian Disciplines
- Department of Theory and Practice of Germanic Languages
- Department of Pedagogy
- Department of preschool and social education
- Department of Theory and Methods of Primary Education
- Department of Correctional Pedagogy and Special Psychology
- Department of Developmental and Educational Psychology
Accommodation and Housing
The university provides a dormitory for foreign students or students from other cities. The administration of the university provides all facilities such as central heating, free Wi-Fi, hot and cold running water, permanent access to the gym, library, reading rooms, and all equipment students need for studying and living. University provides free access to the University Library, reading rooms, studying rooms, and all necessary for studying process equipment and materials.